Thursday, March 7, 2013

Long Time

It has been a long time, since I paid attention to this blog.  My teaching blog seems to be getting most of the attention these days - which is strange because  my heart is really with this blog and my grand kids' blog.

I have been thinking about the decision that needs to be made with career/life.  Huby and I have been doing a lot of talking, since he came home a couple days ago.  We are working towards the goal of me retiring by next year.  It would be wonderful if it would work out for this year - I could spend more time with him in Hawaii.  We have a common goal to save money or not spend without thinking about it first.

For example, we went to Panera Bread for lunch yesterday - a birthday treat for me.  The bill was $22.00 for 2 lunches - are you kidding me.  It is one of our favorite places to eat - we eat there a lot.  But, I never really looked at the final bill.  We ordered, paid for it, ate it and enjoyed it.  Hubby and I looked at what we had to eat - nothing that we couldn't recreate at home, for a whole lot less.  The most important part, was the time that we spent together, just hanging out and talking.  That part was priceless.

At home, we hurry to make a meal, eat it quickly, clean up and plop somewhere because we are tired.  When we eat out, there is more time to actually enjoy the meal together.  That is what we need to look at - the meal enjoyment part.  So, now, we are on a journey to make meals more enjoyable and spend less time and money doing it.  The best of both worlds.

As I type this - hubby and youngest son have spent the afternoon cooking in the kitchen together.  Hubby showing son a family recipe.  I will clean up after them.  I love hearing their voices, together while I was knitting one of the baby blankets.  That is a great meal together.  One that can be enjoyed all day.

I am looking forward to this new quest and hopefully, retirement soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 cen